Nassau FIR has immediate opening for the position of Training Administrator. Job description and requirements can be found below. Interested applicants are requested to submit a letter of interest to email@example.com . Deadline for application to be considered is Jan 7th, 2019
The TA is responsible for administration, development, and oversight of the Nassau FIR training program. The TA will be responsible for the development and maintenance of all FIR training material, to include courses, quizzes, and additional supplemental documentation. The TA will be expected to maintain an online presence on the VATCAR TeamSpeak and the VATSIM Network. The TA will report to the ATM. The duties are not limited to those described above or below. The TA will be assigned additional duties time to time. This posting will be an ongoing posting until a suitable candidate is found.
Training Administrator Requirements
- Minimum of Controller 1 (C1) Rating, Instructor 1 (I1) preferred
- Minimum 1 year of active experience on the VATSIM Network
- Strong knowledge of ICAO and FAA procedures (ICAO 4444 & FAA 7110)
- Previous staff experience preferred
- Candidates with graphic design and/or web coding experience are favorable
- Candidate upon offer of position will be required to transfer to the VATCAR Division if not already a VATCAR controller
- The TA position requires a sometimes significant time commitment each month
- Oversight of the Training Program.
- Development of Training Materials.
- Administration of the FIR Roster
- Administration of the Instructor & Mentor Program.
- Selection and oversight of the Instructor & Mentor Staff.
- Assessment of the capabilities of FIR Members.
- Assists in the development and execution of FIR projects.
- Maintains an online presence on the VATSIM server.
- Functions as FIR senior staff member. Attends periodic meetings to report on FIR activities and to stay abreast of VATCAR issues and policies.
- Assists in coordination of position assignments and position restrictions when necessary.
- Provides guidance and help to assigned controllers or guests.
- Conducts testing and training as defined, and in accordance with, the VATCAR and Nassau Training SOP.
- Optionally, conducts additional training and testing on area-specific subjects.
- Other duties as assigned by the ATM